Setting up a class virtual space in the cloud is an indispensable task for today's teachers. This space can preferably be a website, a blog, or a wiki or, if possible, all of them. The educational benefits of having such a space for students include:
- Improve students writing skills through posting and commenting
- Helps students have a voice
- Promote the notion of independent and personalized learning
- Promote a spirit of collaboration among students
- Engage parents in the learning taking place in the classroom
- Connect with students from other schools and exchange with them learning experiences.
As for teachers, they can use these class virtual spaces to :
- Post assignments and homework to students
- Upload documents and other learning materials to students
- Post classroom announcements, important dates, event calendars...etc
- Create portfolios to document students learning
As for the blogging platforms, below are some of the best places you can use to host your class blog:
Click here to read original article ...