This page will bring together some of the resources designed to help teachers deal with children from Ukraine that may come to their schools.
Maths Materials - Maths Week
Hello and welcome to the Maths Week Ireland website.
Привіт і ласкаво просимо на веб-сайт Тижня Математики Ірландії.
Here you can find many activities and puzzles.
Тут ви можете знайти безліч вправ і головоломок.
Maths week Ireland is an all-Island festival that promotes positive attitudes towards maths for all. It is the leading festival of its kind in the world. Events and activities are taking place all across the island, in schools and online. There are events for all ages and abilities, including pre-school, school, families and adults.
To download the agenda of the webinar click here.
Video recording from the Webinar “Online Training for Fast-track Recognition of Ukrainian Academic Qualifications”
Please find below the presentations of the speakers of the webinar:
The guidance covers both people eligible for temporary protection under the Temporary Protection Directive as well as those eligible for adequate protection under national law.
Since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked war against Ukraine and its civilians, over 7 million people have fled Ukraine and reached the EU. So far, only a relatively small number of those of working age have entered the EU labour market, though the number of people wanting to do so is expected to rise.
In light of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, many schools across the country will be supporting Ukrainian families and pupils as they arrive in Ireland. We have collated some useful resources for members here.
2. This provides an overview of career guidance provision in Ukraine pp.54-61 prior to the Russian invasion
3. This provides examples of innovation in the provision of career guidance in Ukraine pp. 73-87 prior to the Russian invasion
4. A useful description of the existing structure of education and TVET and the recent challenges that faced them prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
5. A description of the challenges facing the education system in Ukraine, prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
6. Describes some UNICEF initiatives in Ukraine, especially for children with disabilities.
7. Wikipedia has a very useful overview of the education system that also needs to be checked against other verifiable accounts.
The Resource hub welcomes especially more links on specific information aimed at Ukrainian learners and vacancies, and invites comments for improvement or additional information.
Ukrainian School Hub
Launched on 1. June 2022, in partnership with the European EdTech Alliance e.V. and the Learning Together Project, the New Ukrainian School Hub acts as a free, hub of information, resources, and knowledge for Ukrainian refugees no matter where they are. The hub provides access to supplemental edtech solutions and to Ukrainiann online learning platforms. Additionally, the hub provices direct access to relevant country specific or local education access information.
This is a list of other pieces on Ukraine on this website.
Do you know of other resources?
Please let us know
Students - please use your own personal email address here and not the one supplied by your school. For security reasons school emails block external messages.