Interview Preparation – Reaching interview stage is a great success but the hard work doesn’t stop there. Interviews can be a daunting experience but sound preparation is 90% of the process. If you want to ensure that you are fully prepared for your next job interview then take a look at this guide.
- Firstly you need to ensure that you’ve researched the company fully online because 82% of interviewers will reject a candidate if they don’t understand the employer’s business.
- Secondly you should study the role and learn exactly how it contributes to the success of the organisation.
- You should also prepare notes on your suitability for the role and also understand your weaknesses. Plan your journey well in advance as being just 5 minutes late could cost you the job.
- Practice answering some common interview questions, such as “why do you want this job?” and “why should we hire you?” as these are bound to arise in some form or another.
- Prepare your outfit the night before to avoid any last minute wardrobe malfunctions and try to get at least 8 hours sleep to ensure you function at your best.