The PublicJobs.ie Schools Advertising Challenge is a fun way to challenge your students to express their creative, digital and communication skills while learning about future career opportunities in the public sector. To enter students must create a 30 second video advertisement pitching the public sector as an attractive career pathway for their fellow students. Students might focus on:
- General careers in the public sector
- A person they know who works in the public sector
- A specific role that they are interested in (e.g. Garda, Engineer, …)
Not only will this challenge encourage peer-to-peer learning as part of a whole school approach to guidance, but The Pitch is also a fantastic hands-on active learning project perfect for Transition Year students. Students can enter the competition individually or in groups of up to 6.
Remember, you can find an array of resources on our website. This includes The Pitch Competition Kit, where you will find teacher guidelines as well as classroom resources for supporting your students through the steps of creating an entry for this competition. You can also check out the Public Jobs Schools Resource Kit where you and your students can find the student info page, lesson plans, career profiles and videos about the Public Sector to help inform their ideas for the competition.
To give your students a helping hand here are some of the criteria we will be looking for in the best videos:
- The overall Concept for their advertisement - is it clear, factual and relevant?
- Unique Selling Point (USP). Remember the aim is to encourage their peers to further explore careers in the public sector.
- Creativity - your advertisement should stand out from the crowd!