Teaching Students to Be Better Annotators
- Annotation has some big benefits for readers and writers alike:
- It slows down those super-speedy readers who are racing to the finish line.
- It helps students make connections.
- It encourages students to ask questions and find evidence, both of which are emphasized in the Common Core.
- It fosters a personal relationship and understanding of the text.
- it makes reading active.
- It improves reading comprehension.
This article was first published here ...