A new book – ‘Working Together for Biodiversity: Tales from the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan 2015-2020’– has been launched today to showcase numerous heartening success stories of actions for conserving pollinators across Ireland.
The book, launched by Minister of State for Heritage and Electoral Reform, Malcolm Noonan, marks the conclusion of the first phase of the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan.
The success stories within show the big difference that small actions can make thanks to the collective contributions made by communities, farmers, schools, businesses, local authorities and many others across the length and breadth of Ireland.
The All-Ireland Pollinator Plan 2015-2020 has achieved considerable impact:
- The last five years have seen the delivery of all 81 actions identified in the Plan
- Across all sectors, the number of engaged individuals and organisations continues to increase
- 55% of all Councils across the island have become partners
- Hundreds of local communities have embraced the initiative
- 280 businesses have come on board and agreed to take action
- A framework by which all farms can become more pollinator-friendly is currently in collaborative development