How Digital Marketing Can Benefit Your Business - The proliferation of technology in recent years has dramatically changed the way in which consumers behave and engage with businesses and brands. Media channels are becoming increasingly fragmented and digital media is becoming more and more popular. With this growth comes an opportunity for businesses to engage with their audiences in new and innovative ways. Most experts believe that digital is not just another channel for marketing, but a separate discipline that requires a new approach and understanding of consumer behaviour. If utilised correctly digital marketing can have a positive impact on businesses.
Here are our top 5 reasons why businesses should embrace digital marketing:
1. Level Playing Field: Most businesses don’t have the luxury of large marketing budgets commonly enjoyed by big multinational co-operations. However with digital marketing any business can compete with any competitor provided they have a solid digital marketing strategy. Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell. A smooth well laid out site, with quality content and a first-rate customer experience can do wonders for a business.
2. Exposure: Billboards, Flyers and Radio adverts are all well and truly good. However a traditional marketing campaign is limited in reach and will only be seen by a select few in a select area. On the other hand however a digital marketing campaign, has the ability to reach anyone, anywhere in the world. Digital marketing can reach huge audiences and can exponentially grow a business’s customer base.
3. Measurement: Unlike most forms of traditional marketing, Digital offers businesses the opportunity to track their campaign results in real time. Through Digital Marketing businesses can measure website traffic and analyse how many people are opening, reading and converting from their emails. This provides businesses with invaluable feedback as to what works and what doesn’t.
4. A Low Cost Strategy: Many traditional advertising methods such as television, radio and print can prove to be quite expensive. Digital marketing, however if done right has the potential to reach the same amount of people, if not more, at a fraction of the price.
5. Brand Development and Engagement: A well maintained website with quality content run in tangent with up to date social media channels can produce significant lead generation opportunities. With digital marketing businesses can maintain good relations with their publics and encourage their prospects clients and followers to take action.
If you’re interested in a part-time Digital Marketing course in Dublin, than the Certificate in Digital Marketing at NCI is for you. Watch our updated video to meet the team behind the course and find out more about the course. You could also talk to our Work Placement Advisor, Mary McNally, about arranging a student placement which could benefit your business: email her on [email protected] or call 01 449 8533.
Students - please use your own personal email address here and not the one supplied by your school. For security reasons school emails block external messages.