UCD School of Agriculture and Food Science develop online resource for secondary school agricultural science students.
The UCD School of Agriculture and Food Science have recently developed some video resources available for all secondary school teachers and students of Agricultural Science.
Earlier this month in conjunction with AgriAware the school hosted a virtual farm walk and talk event at UCD Lyons Farm, a 250-hectare farm with dairy, beef, sheep, equine, crop, environmental research and teaching facilities located on the outskirts of Dublin.
Staff from the UCD School of Agriculture and Food Science who are experts in their field created six short educational videos on a range of topics relevant to the current Agricultural Science leaving certificate syllabus.
We are delighted to share these videos with you and hope that given the current circumstances we find ourselves in students and teachers will find these resources beneficial.
Videos are available to view through the links below or collectively on the UCD School of Agriculture and Food Science YouTube Channel.
- Feeding the Dairy Cow – Dr. Karina Pierce
- Grassland Science – Dr. Bridget Lynch
- Crop Science – Prof. Kevin McDonnell
- Animal Science – Equine – Dr. Barbara Murphy
- Improving the Sustainability of Irish Sheep Production – Prof. Tommy Boland
- Health & Safety in Irish Agriculture – Dr. Sinead Flannery