The TU Dublin School of Architecture, Building and Environment and the TU Dublin EPS Society are holding a week-long series of events to celebrate Planning Week 2022, taking place between 7th and 15th November. Planning Week is a world-wide event, whose purpose is to promote and encourage better planning and sustainable development.
Full details are available at: News | Students of SABE and the EPS Society celebrate Planning Week 2022 | TU Dublin - Click here ...
The theme of this year’s programme is Planning for All, and an exciting range of Irish and international speakers will focus on the important topic of promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the built environment.
The exciting programme has been curated by the Environment, Planning and Sustainability Society (EPS Society), a student society associated with the TU835 More information ... BSc (Hons) in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management at TU Dublin. This year’s programme includes the following talks and speakers: -
* Keynote: Professor Caroline Newson, Van Eesteren Fellow at TU Delft's Department of Urbanism on “Rethink the City: New approaches to Global and Local Urban Challenges”
* Neil Haran from the North Clare Group, a community action group in the Burren, County Clare
* Marcello Corsi from Transport Infrastructure Ireland talking about the Finglas Luas project
* Cathal Mulry from A Playful City
* Kathleen Jacobi from Transport Infrastructure Ireland talking about ‘Travelling in "__" shoes’
* Catherine Cleary, award-winning writer and journalist, from Pocket Forests
* Sinead Flavin, TU Dublin Lecturer and Head of Business Development with Cycling Solutions Ireland
* Dr Diarmuid Tormey, Co-director of the DCU Centre for Climate and Society on ‘Ireland’s climate action in a changing global context’ *
* Tatyana McNaughton from Community Collab
* Lauren Tuite for D8 Community on “Slow Streets Urbanism”
* Debbie Mulhall, community activist talking about Community Planning
* Councillor Oisín O'Connor on the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Development Plan 2022 – 2028
* Dr Sabrina Dekker Dublin City Council Climate Action Coordinator
The TU835More information ... BSc (Hons) in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management at TU Dublin offers choices, opportunities and careers in creating a sustainable future. Check out day-to-day life at TU Dublin Environment & Planning on Linked-In<https://www.linkedin.com/feed/> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/TUDublinEnvPlan>.