Study – Learning To Learn
Guides for 1st , 2nd ,3rd, 5th , & 6th Year
These (slightly changed) booklets address the issues of study above and beyond the time spent doing homework. It defines study and examines how the mind processes information. There is a 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 5th year, & 6th year version. The 1st & 2nd year ones are identical. The others, while they have overlapping content, have issues specific to that year. All version have an expanded section looking at the emotional blocks to study covering, the sign & symptoms of avoiding study, self-esteem, defining students solely by the academic ability, avoid the pain of study, taking responsibility, etc. Each booklet has two additions which were not in previous versions.
One addition deals with the need for students to test themselves as part of their study routine. The second addition discusses students who have a learning difficulty or those that just find academics difficult and who sometimes develop strategies to hide their difficulties. These additions have been added to the booklets for all the other year groups.
These booklets are best photocopied back to back (see page design) and they are being sent to you now in order to help with planning for the next academic year. They are also available on the parents section of www.igc.ie. Please note that all the material is published by the Institute of Guidance Counsellors and is copyrighted. Individuals are free to copy these booklets provided it is not for financial gain.
Click below to download the relevant book.
Here are some other links to material on Study Methods:-
This is a list of articles about Study Methods:-
- How to Study For Exams
- Easter Revision Courses in Carlow
- Mindmapping Apps
- Share your study tips
- What Prevents You From Studying Better
- Spaced Practice Study Method
- National College of Ireland Free Leaving Certificate Revision Sessions
- Exam stress and some solutions
- Cavan School Pioneers Blended Learning Approach to Project Maths
- Revision Tips to Study Smarter
- Why Your Brain Loves Learning
- Developing a Lifelong Habit of Learning
- Music and Studying
- Sleep and Teens
- Hidden Barrier To Learning And What You Can Do About It
- Secrets of Successful and Effective Studying
Excellent Material in this page of Wikipedia