Places are still available for the ‘Schools and Loss’ workshop. Details below. I would be grateful if you would bring it to the attention of anyone you think may be interested.
SCHOOLS AND LOSS
Date Time Presenter
Friday, 1st February 2019 9.15am – 4.15pm Conor Mc Guckin
This workshop will look at different forms of loss and how loss impacts on the lives of children at different ages. It will examine how school can be a support to these children. The workshop will provide opportunities for interactive discussion.
On completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- understand the important role that schools can play at a time of loss in a student’s/child’s life;
- be aware of how the student’s understanding of loss changes through their young and adolescent years;
- be familiar with approaches dealing with bereaved children;
- reflect on their own experiences of loss during their school years;
- develop plans in the event of a sudden or unexpected death in the school community.
Conor Mc Guckin, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology in the School of Education at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. Conor convenes the Inclusion in Education and Society Research Group and is the founding editor of the International Journal of Inclusion in Education and Society. Conor’s research interests include: psychology applied to educational policy and practices, bully/victim problems among children and adults, and special and inclusive education. Conor is an Associate Fellow of both the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI). Conor a Chartered Psychologist with both the BPS and PSI, and is a Chartered Scientist with the UK Science Council.
The Irish Hospice Foundation, Bereavement Education & Resource Centre, Morrison Chambers, 4th Floor, 32 Nassau Street, Dublin 2, D02 YE06.
€100 (1-day workshop) includes light lunch/tea and coffee.
Bookings can be made on the following link https://hospicefoundation.ie/education-training/bereavement-training/workshops/.