Part-time position available for Career Consultant working with Students in Private Practice
The Career Consultant with Andree Harpur and Associates assists second and third level students to draw up a career plan. You will help the student navigate this potentially difficult period with counselling skills and current, relevant career and training information. You will also give feedback to parents.
Two hour on line consultation. 90 mins working with student and 30 mins feedback for parents. One hour Career Plan preparation, totaling 3 hours. Minimum 2 clients per week. €150 per project of 3 hours.
- You will be a qualified Career Guidance Counsellor.
- You will have experience dealing with students in Secondary School or Third Level colleges.
- You will be up to date with current third level courses, levels 6, 7 and 8.
- You can advise on how each course can lead on to post graduate opportunities.
- You are very comfortable with the completion of CAO form
- It would be advantageous if you currently have some hours in the second or third level system.
- You are qualified in level A and level B testing.
- You are insured as a Career Guidance Practitioner.
- You are available to work in the evenings and at weekends if necessary.
- You are available to work with a minimum of two clients per week, totaling 6 hours.
- You have good broadband connection and you are comfortable with Skype.
- You are happy to commit to working part-time with Andree Harpur and Associates for a period of 12 months.
- You are passionate about Career Guidance and you want to bring your service up to the highest professional standard.
- You are open to learning.
- You have the counselling skills necessary to empathize with the student and their parents.
- You understand that this consultation is not therapy. However, it is sometimes necessary to use some deeper listening skills in order to fully inform the student and their parents.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will work on line for 90mins with the student, plus a 30 mins synopsis for the parent.
- A Career Plan will normally be completed within two days of the initial consultation.
- Intensive training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Backup support and mentoring will also be provided.
Please send a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17th August 2018
If you have any further questions, please ring: 01-278 8013