Selecting Leaving Certificate Subjects & Beyond – A Guide For 4th year Parents
This booklet deals with what should be considered when selecting Leaving Cert subjects. The issues of minimum requirements and the points system are explained. It also deals with the issue of the ‘easy’ subjects, the ‘Wimbledon’ effect, and overlap in subject content, and teacher driven selection. It also discusses checking previous exam papers, listening carefully to what others might say about their experiences, and the process of making choices. It is designed for use by parents of teenagers in 4th year who are selecting their Leaving Certificate subjects.
Related Posts on similar topics:
- Transition From Primary School to Secondary School
- Working it Out
- After the Leaving Results - What Now?
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse
- Helping Your Teenagers Study
- The World of Work – Student & Teacher Manual
- Turning Information on the World of Work into Self…
- Apprenticeships PowerPoint
- A Guide to Career Decision Making
- Study Skills for Passionate Learners