Certificate in Education and Training 5M3635 – The General Certificate in Education Practice is ideally suited to students who wish to pursue a career in Education and Training.
What will you study on this course?
The following are the subjects that you study
- Concepts in Education & Training
- Interpersonal and Group Behaviour
- Training and Development Concepts
- Psychology of People
- Approaches to Early Childhood Education
- Peer Mentoring
- Word Processing
- Personal and Professional Development
- Facilitating learning
*modules are subject to change
The content of this course aims to give students an overview of what is involved in working in an educational setting and develop the necessary skill set to work in an education and learning environment.
What are my career options and options for progression upon completing this course?
Students who successfully complete this course may apply to Third level Institutes and Colleges with recognised entry to the following.
- DC010 Post Primary Teacher Education – Religious Education and English in Dublin City University.
- DC011 Post Primary Teacher Education – Religious Education and History Dublin City University.
- DC012 DC012 Post Primary Teacher Education – Religious Education and Music (R) Dublin City University.
- CM010 Education Studies Marino Institute of Education.
- DC009 Humanities (Joint Honours) St. Patrick’s College Drumcondra.
How will I be assessed throughout this course?
You will be assessed on the basis of:
- Project Work
What are the requirements to get a place on this Course?
Applicants must have successfully completed their Leaving Certiﬁcate, Leaving Certiﬁcate Applied or equivalent. Mature students (over 23) may be exempt from standard entry requirements. In addition applicants will have to be interviewed before been offered a place on a course.
What qualification will I get upon completing this course?
Upon completing this course you will receive a in Certificate Education and Training– QQI Level 5. (5M3635)
How do I sign up?
If you would like to sign to this course visit www.portlaoisecollege.ie and apply online.
I have more questions who should I talk to?
If you have any more questions contact the course coordinator
Mr Fintan Walsh, Tel: (057) 862 1480 / 862 1456 Email:[email protected]