Access to Apprenticeship Programme Information
The Access to Apprenticeship Programme is aimed at young men and women aged 16 to 24 living in Dublin who experience social and economic barriers. The Programme provides an opportunity for young people to;
- Sample a range of apprenticeships in; Construction, Engineering, Electrical, Motor and Aviation industries
- Prepare their CV and interview skills
- Undertake two weeks work experience
- Health & Safety and Safe Pass Certificate
- It is a 12 week full time course.
The purpose of the programme is to progress young people into apprenticeships.
The next 12 week course will be in April 2019 and another course will run in September 2019.
Minimum entry requirements
- Aged 16 – 24
- Minimum of grade D in 5 subjects in the Junior Certificate or equivalent
- Satisfying Access criteria (See page 2 of the application form)
Overview of Programme Structure
Week 1 – Induction and Health and Safety Training
- Health and Safety Training – Manual Handling & Emergency Response
- Safe Pass Training Course and Certification Provided
Weeks 2 – 10
- Mon/Tues/Thursday (9am – 5pm)
- Skills Sampling – Workshops and Lectures
- Wednesday (9am – 5pm)
- Mornings – Personal Development
- Afternoons – E-Portfolio Development with Apprenticeship Lecturers
- Friday (9am-1pm)
- Employer engagement
Weeks 11 – 12
- Work Experience with SOLAS Registered Employers
Completed applications should be sent to:
Therese Fitzgerald, Programme Officer – Access to Apprenticeship,
TU Dublin Bolton St (Formerly DIT Bolton St),
Dublin 1, D01 K822. Or they can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
The closing date for April applications is Friday the 8th of March 2019 at 1p.m.