University College Cork is looking forward to several significant and exciting changes to our undergraduate offerings for 2018 entry. Further details on all of the below will be available from the start of September 2017.
CK121 Psychology and Computing, BA
CK411 Data Science and Analytics, BSc
CK707 Medical and Health Sciences, BSc Changes to existing courses
- Nursing – QQI FE quotas for entry into Nursing programmes have been revised for entry in 2017, with an increase of places from 9 to 20 in total across all Nursing programmes.
- CK120 Applied Psychology – New code allocated. Curriculum changes: the two first Arts subjects in Year 1 will no longer be available from 2018. The first and subsequent years will consist of pure psychology modules.
- CK101 – Studies in Music to be included in the available subjects, Studies in Psychology to be removed
- CK600 – From 2018, applicants will apply for a common CAO Entry programme, CK600. Students will decide on which of the 4 degrees to follow at the end of 1st year. They will be guaranteed one of their top two choices of exit degree.
- CK401 Computer Science – from 2019, there will be an additional requirement that students obtain an O2/H6 in maths to enter CK401.
Further information on these new programmes and changes will be available from September 2017.