Occupational Apprenticeships – Over 20 new occupational apprenticeships have been proposed by the Apprenticeship Council and are currently being developed. These new apprenticeships will be:
- Industry led
- Two years duration as a minimum
- Learning that alternates between a workplace and an educational or training institute
- A minimum of 50% on the job training
- Part of formal Education and Training
- Apprentices are employed and paid under a Contract of Apprenticeship
- Substantial in depth and duration, in order to prepare Apprentices to work autonomously and competently in a specific occupation
These new apprenticeships are due to come on stream throughout 2016-2017.
Three of these new apprenticeships have been launched.
- Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Industrial Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship
- Polymer Apprenticeship