Opportunity to study medicine at one of the top medical universities in Poland opens up for Irish students.
More information is available on the university’s website: www.cm.umk.pl/en or from the sole representative for Ireland and United Kingdom, Medical Poland, Mr Artur Banaszkiewicz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 083 3833 426.
Since 2014 an Irish based representative of Polish medical universities “Medical Poland” allows Irish students access medical studies in English delivered at well recognised Nicolaus Copernicus Collegium Medicum. Over 130 international students have already been working towards their medical qualifications in Bydgoszcz at a 6-year MD Programme. The university encompasses two main hospitals as the base for educating, carrying out scientific research and providing highly specialized diagnostic, medical and rehabilitation services.
About the university
The Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun (NCU), founded in 1945, is the biggest university in northern Poland and is outstanding both in terms of its scientific potential as well as the courses of study on offer, forms of education, and numbers of students and graduates. Due to the joining of Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz to NCU (2004), the University became a multi-profile higher education institution with even stronger research potential and teaching offers. In the recent rankings, NCU has been granted a position among the first five best universities in Poland.
About the Programme
Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz provides students with education in English in the Faculty of Medicine (6-year MD programme) and in Polish in the Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health Sciences (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Doctoral studies). Two main hospitals are base for educating, carrying out scientific research and providing highly specialized diagnostic, medical and rehabilitation services, many more institutions cooperate and serve as training facilities.
The Medical Programme in taught fully in English. The solid theoretical and practical background as well as academic knowledge gained during lectures and clinical classes allow students to choose their future specialization according to their skills and abilities.
Medical Poland is Ireland’s premier health travel website, offering a wide range of medical treatments and medical education. Together with the City of Bydgoszcz, Medical Poland will invite arepresentative of Guidance Counsellors to visit the university, city and meet the lecturers and university students in Poland.
1. The candidate needs to speak English well enough to participate in classes conducted in English.
2. The candidate submits to Medical Poland all required documents (see below) and information.
3. The candidate attends a recruitment interview and is initially accepted by Qualification Commission. Subsequently, a candidate obtains a final decision from Rector or a person authorized by Rector concerning admission to the studies
40 000 PLN (approx.9 500 EUR) per year
The fist round of applications finishes on 30th June.
What documents are required in the admission process?
1. A completed application form
2. Leaving Certificate that includes grades from two out of the following school subjects: biology, chemistry, physics (higher level recommended)
3. A letter from candidate’s school or the Polish Embassy confirming candidate’s right to apply to higher education institutions
4. A valid medical certificate that confirms the ability to take up studies
5. Vaccination records (vaccination against hepatitis type B)
6. A certified copy of a passport
7. 4 current photos with uncovered head (left-hand side of face, the ear must be visible).