The Fulbright Awards provide grants for Irish citizens, and E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland for 3+ years, to research, study, or lecture in Ireland.
There are five types of Fulbright grants available to Irish and E.U. citizens:
- Fulbright Irish Student Awards to conduct postgraduate research / enrol in postgraduate degree programs in the U.S.
- Fulbright Irish FLTA Awards to teach the Irish language in the U.S.
- Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards for academic or professional research / lecturing in the U.S.
- Fulbright Irish TechImpact Awards to conduct academic or professional research in the U.S.
- Fulbright Irish Schuman Awards for graduate & postgraduate study, research & lecturing in the U.S.
There are Fulbright Ambassadors at 17 HEIs around Ireland, offering on-campus advice to applicants. Find out if there is an Ambassador at your college here.
The Commission also provides non-Fulbright grants for undergraduate students to travel to the U.S.
- Summer Institutes for European Student Leaders for undergraduate students